Supported Living Service
Our Supported Living Service is based in Harpenden, we support adults who have a learning disability to live in their homes with individualised support to meet their needs. From our lovely Georgian building in Harpenden, we can provide individual support in shared accommodation as well as single tenancy flats.
We support people with daily living skills, support to cook, clean, pay bills, and manage their homes. We support people to pursue hobbies and interests, be part of the local community, attend college or find paid employment or voluntary work.
Support with care needs, health needs, and appointments. We assist with activities, help plan leisure time, and support people on holidays and short breaks.
All our tenants develop care plans with the staff team and have the support of key workers to meet with regularly as well as group meetings to have their say about their lives and to plan for the future.
The service is supported by a qualified and professional team who are friendly and approachable and are committed to putting the tenants at the heart of everything they do. Everybody works to a shared vision.
At Stairways our vision is people living the life they want:
- We are Inclusive. People with a learning disability are at the heart of everything we do. Individual support is important to us, and we ensure what we do focuses on meeting your needs
- We are Caring. We treat everyone with respect and kindness. Being kind and caring are important qualities that we value throughout every aspect of our service.
- We are Positive. We never stop believing in a better future, and we celebrate what we are proud of now. Your achievements are recognised and celebrated; we are Inspired by your dreams.
- We are Challenging. When we see things that aren’t fair we will campaign until we see real change. We will support you to have your voice heard and express your views and wishes.
- We are Trustworthy. When we promise something we don’t let people down