Harpenden Mencap is a local charity that provides support to adults with learning disabilities in the local community since 1959.
Although affiliated with Royal Mencap, Harpenden Mencap is a self-funded organisation and provides support to people in Harpenden and St. Albans.
Harpenden Mencap is made up of 3 services that meet the needs individuals with varying degrees of disability.
The residential, supported living and domiciliary services support a total for over 40 people and believe that anyone receiving a service from us should:
- Be given the opportunity, support, information and encouragement to:
- Take part in everyday community activities,
- Make and maintain valued relationships,
- Make choices about their lifestyles;
- Be protected from abuse of any kind;
- Be treated with dignity and respect;
- Have their confidentiality maintained at all times;
- Be treated as an individual;
- Have their religious, cultural and lifestyle needs met.
Harpenden Mencap also has a charity shop within Harpenden which sells a selection of quality second hand items
If you like further information please get in touch.