Residential Services Support Worker
Full and Part time roles available within the Residential Service based at Stairways.
If you are interested in the role:
Upload your CV and apply online by clicking here
See the application and reference details forms downloadable at the bottom of this page. These should be emailed or posted to the address at the top of each form.
Job Title: Support Worker
Responsible for: Adults living in Residential Homes
Accountable to: Registered Manager
- To be part of a team providing high standards of personal care and a service, which offers choice, dignity, respect and security and is appropriate to the individual needs of each resident as laid out in their care plan.
- To offer a safe and warm environment in which residents can develop social and occupation skills and enjoy leisure and recreational activities appropriate to need.
- To recognise the individuality of each resident involving them in decisions as appropriate.
- To work closely with the other professional agencies ensuring relevant care plans are developed, implemented and reviewed annually to take account of changing needs.
- To act as key worker to identified residents.
- To be aware of, and acknowledge each resident’s religious and cultural beliefs and identity.
- To be an effective team player through
- helping new employees
- attendance at team meetings
- effective communication
- To work according to Harpenden Mencap’s policies.
- To promote anti-discriminatory practice and equal opportunities throughout the organisation.
- To complete the Care Certificate within 12 weeks of starting in the post.
3. Personal Development
- To attend regularly for supervision with designated senior member of staff.
- To complete an annual self-evaluation and participate in subsequent appraisal by the manager.
- To attend training courses in order to meet identified training needs.
- To have a positive attitude towards team and personal development.
- Be willing to undertake internal / external training as identified.
- To ‘act-up’ to the next senior position when necessary.
- To provide detailed reports as required.
- To maintain confidentiality at all times.
- To maintain accurate financial records e.g. housekeeping, residents finances etc.
This job description is not intended to be a complete list of all the duties, staff must be prepared to carry out “out of the ordinary” tasks which may from time to time occur, in order to ensure the smooth running of all the flats, within the organisation.
The needs of the residents can only be fully met if all the staff work together as a team with as few demarcation lines as possible.
The job description, in consultation with you, is liable to variation by Harpenden Mencap to reflect actual, contemplated or proposed changes in or to your job.