Supported Living Support Worker
A Part time role is available within the Supported living Service based at Stairways.
If you are interested in the role, please see the application and reference details forms downloadable at the bottom of this page. these should be emailed or posted to the address at the top of each form.
Job Title: Support Workers – Adult Supported Living Services
Accountable to: Registered Manager
Responsibilities: Clients living in their own homes
Staff Responsibilities include:
- To provide assistance in all areas of personal, domestic and social need, both in the home and the community.
- To facilitate increased independence by encouraging and supporting participation in daily living activities and opportunities.
- To assist individuals to gain self confidence by directing their support so they can enjoy the full benefits of increased choice and control to realise their full potential.
- To work with people with learning disabilities, their families, team members and partner organisations to ensure that support is tailored to meet individual’s specific needs and wishes.
- To co-ordinate and facilitate access to a range of full life opportunities based on the preferences and direction of the individual to enable them to learn skills, develop their interests and enjoy new experiences.
- To use a range of communication methods to assist the individuals you support to make informed decisions and choices about the issues affecting their lives and promote self-directed support at all times.
- To be familiar with and work within the organisation and the service’s policies and procedures, maintaining records and reports accordingly.
- To preserve and respect the dignity and privacy of the individuals you support and their families and observe confidentiality at all times.
- To attend team meetings, supervisions, appraisals and training as requested and required.
- To follow best practice guidance regarding Safeguarding, Health & Safety and managing risks legislation to promote independence.
- To work flexibly and creatively to meet the needs of each individual ensuring they have access to personalised support and providing cover as required in the event of staff shortages.
- To support anti-discrimination policies and procedures and promote equality of opportunity at all times.
- To undertake such additional duties appropriate to the post as required and supporting the organisation’s wider goals as directed by your line manager.
- To attend regularly for supervision with line manager.
- To complete an annual self-evaluation and participate in subsequent appraisal by the line manager.
- To attend training courses in order to meet identified training needs.
This job description is not intended to be a complete list of all the duties. Staff must be prepared to carry out ‘out of the ordinary’ tasks which may from time to time occur, in order to ensure the smooth running of all the flats.
The needs of the tenants can only be fully met if all staff work together as a team with as few demarcation lines as possible.
The job description, in consultation with you, is liable to variation by Harpenden Mencap to reflect actual, contemplated or proposed changes in or to your job.