Domiciliary Casual Support Worker
A Casual support worker role is available within the Domiciliary Service based at Pine Court.
If you are interested in the role:
Upload your CV and apply online by clicking here
See the application and reference details forms downloadable at the bottom of this page. These should be emailed or posted to the address at the top of each form
Job Title: Casual Support Worker
Accountable to: Registered Manager
Hours of Duty: When and if required
Place of Work: Any of the homes/services of Harpenden Mencap
Staff Responsibilities include:
- To report to the member of staff responsible for the shift and carry out tasks delegated by them:
- Care/support as per each individual tenant’s care/shared action plan
- Domestic, cooking and ‘out of the ordinary’ tasks as required by each home.
- To be part of a team providing high standards of personal care and a service, which offers choice, dignity, respect and security and is appropriate to the individual needs of each tenant as laid out in their care plan.
- To offer a safe and warm environment in which tenants can develop social and occupation skills and enjoy leisure and recreational activities appropriate to need.
- To recognise the individuality of each tenant involving them in decisions as appropriate.
- To work closely with the other professional agencies ensuring relevant care plans are developed, implemented and reviewed annually to take account of changing needs.
- To safeguard tenants via best practise and in line with both the organisation’s and local authorities’ policies and procedures.
- To be an effective team player through effective communication
- To work according to Harpenden Mencap’s policies.
- To promote anti-discriminatory practice and equal opportunities throughout the organisation.
- To attend training courses in order to meet identified training needs.
- To have a positive attitude towards team and personal development.
- Be willing to undertake internal / external training as identified.
- To make sure that you ensure compliance with all relevant infection control and procedures.
- To provide detailed reports as required.
- To maintain confidentiality at all times.
- To maintain accurate financial records e.g. housekeeping, tenants finances etc.
- To be punctual, reliable and flexible.
- To report back to the senior on duty as necessary.
This job description is not intended to be a complete list of all the duties, staff must be prepared to carry out “out of the ordinary” tasks which may from time to time occur, in order to ensure the smooth running of all the flats, within the organisation.
The needs of the tenants can only be fully met if all the staff work together as a team with as few demarcation lines as possible.
The job description, in consultation with you, is liable to variation by Harpenden Mencap to reflect actual, contemplated or proposed changes in or to your job.