Assistant Manager – Community Services
If you are interested in the role:
Upload your CV and apply online by clicking here
See the application and reference details forms downloadable at the bottom of this page. These should be emailed or posted to the address at the top of each form
A rare opportunity to join our established team in Harpenden in a first management position. Harpenden Mencap is a leader in providing excellent, personalised support to people with a learning disability in the local community.
We are looking for a motivated Assistant Manager to join our Community Services providing high quality supported living and domiciliary care consistent with the principles and values of personalisation, independence and social inclusion.
You will have a positive ‘can do’ attitude with the ability to lead and work as part of a team. The ability to work flexibly including out of hours working is essential.
We can offer you a diverse and inclusive workplace where we value the contribution of each and every one of our employees.
You will be rewarded with personalised development programme, company sponsored pension scheme and Life Assurance, Employee Assistance Programme and Health Cash-Plan Scheme.
Job Title: Assistant Manager – Community Services
Accountable to: Registered Manager – Community Services
Responsible for: Supported Living and Domiciliary Care Staff and Tenants
Location: Stairways, Pine Court and Harpenden Community (Nominal base to be confirmed by contract)
Hours: 37.5 per week
Contract: Permanent Full-time
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To actively assist the Registered Manager in the delivery of high-quality Community Services for people with learning disabilities and/or autism that are consistent with the principles and values of personalisation, independence and social inclusion.
- To take an active role in ensuring that the Community Services meet and surpass CQC standards and Local Authority contract specifications promoting the safety, health and wellbeing of the people we support at all times.
- To assist in the recruitment, supervision, training and development of support workers ensuring that they are committed to the provision of high quality, personalised support to users of the service, maintaining appropriate staffing levels at all times. This includes participation in the out-of-hours arrangements in support of the 24-hour nature of service delivery.
- Take a lead role in ensuring that care and support plans are developed, implemented, including effective rota management, and regularly reviewed for, and with the people we support ensuring that they promote creative and innovative ways to meet needs and wishes and actively promote citizenship within the local community.
- Adopt sound practises for accurate paper and digital record keeping ensuring full compliance with the Data Protection Act 2018 and the principles of confidentiality at all times.
- To assist in the management of service expenditure and assist tenants and other users to pro-actively manage their own finances.
- Within the framework of Health and Safety Legislation, Safeguarding Procedures and general good practice ensure that the services provided are safe and of high quality, and that risks are recorded, regularly reviewed and reported as required.
- To act as deputy for the Registered Manager when required, to include; attendance at meetings and events, representation to external bodies, decision making and providing expert, professional advice when required.
- To maintain standard of dress that is appropriate to the role and in accordance with the organisation’s dress policy.
- To maintain confidentiality at all times and to ensure respect for, proper observance of and adherence to Harpenden Mencap’s confidentiality policy for all staff.
- To safeguard all personal data and ensure that all records, whether paper or electronic are kept secure in line with the Data Protection Act 2018.
- To attend regular supervision sessions with your line manager, regular team meetings and undertake relevant training as and when required.
- To take all reasonable care of the health and safety of self and of other persons who may be affected by your acts or omissions. As regards to any duty or requirement imposed upon the organisation by or under any of the relevant statutory provisions, to co-operate with the organisation as far as it necessary to enable that duty or requirement to be performed or complied with.
- To report to the Safety and Compliance Manager either serious risks or your concerns over safety issues.
- To work collaboratively with volunteers to ensure that their contribution enhances quality of service provision and support across the organisation.
- To work at any other Harpenden Mencap location, as and when required.
- To undertake any other duties which are consistent with the post.
This job description is not an exhaustive list of duties and responsibilities and is subject to change in accordance with the needs of the service.